I’m happy you’re reading my blog! I’d written hundreds of posts here over the years, and I’d love to give you a good starting place for getting acquainted with the collection I’m putting together here.
You’re welcome to just poke around. The main sections I divide my writing here into are…
- Better Humaning: ways to look at how we can be kinder, more human, healthy versions of ourselves
- Technolophizing: examining the ways technology contributes to, and gets in the way of, our lives
- Adventravel: missives from my adventures around the world, immersed in other cultures, highlighting my favorite style of travel
I’m currently writing a book about dogmatic activism, and if you want to read along you can do so by following the SJMD topic, starting here with a curated list of articles, or joining the mailing list.
I also tend to write a lot of the following vibes:
- How-To: detailed instructions for doing a [new] thing, or a walkthrough of how I do it.
- Challenge: think “New Year’s Resolution”, but not limited to that day of the year. Personal challenges I’m setting myself to, where I invite you to play along.
- List: who doesn’t love a good listicle?
Everything I publish here is meant to be evergreen, and as useful 3 years ago as it will be 3 years from now.
By default, all of the content on this site is arranged in reverse-chronological order. But that’s not super helpful for someone getting here in, say, 2020, when a lot of the posts were published several years before.
The best Better Humaning starters
- Building a Daily Meditation Habit
- Breaking the Chain of “Maybe”
- “Proud” and “Humbled”: I do not think it means what you think it means
The best Technolophizing starters
- 1 Simple Productivity Hack: Leave your charger at home
- How I Keep Track of 50 Projects at Once (& Maintain Some Sanity)
- The Road Away From Email